Saturday, November 16, 2019

FRIDAY'S "FORGOTTEN" BOOKS AND MORE: the links to the reviews and texts: 15 November 2019

This week's books and more, unfairly (or sometimes fairly) neglected, or simply those the reviewers below think you might find of some interest (or, infrequently, you should be warned away from); certainly, most weeks we have a few not at all forgotten titles...if I've missed your review or someone else's, please let me know in comments.



Todd Mason: What If? (Vols. 1-3) edited by Richard Lupoff; Masters of the Maze by Avram Davidson; Cold Chills by Robert Bloch; Starlight: The Great Short FIction of Alfred BesterShip of Shadows (the collection) by Fritz Leiber; The Fantastic Pulps edited by Peter Haining; What Did Miss Darrington See? edited by Jessica Amanda Salmonson; How to Suppress Women's WritingTo Write Like a Woman and The Country You Have Never Seen by Joanna Russ; The Men in My Life by Vivian Gornick; Benchmarks Continued by Algis Budrys



12 comments:

Elgin Bleecker said...

Dang! I think I just missed the boat this week.

Todd Mason said...

Nope! I'm just recovering from Alice's flu and various things happening with friends and family, and I forgot to check your, Elgin. Thanks.

Elgin Bleecker said...

Thanks, Todd. Hope you feel better.

Todd Mason said...

I'm mostly just trying to keep up with others needing help or an ear!

Jack Seabrook said...

Thanks, Todd! That Manhunt book looks tempting.

Todd Mason said...

It does!

Unknown said...

Many thanks for yet another mouthwatering roundup, Todd, and of course for the links to my own stumbling notes. Incidentally, the Crider link leads to the Sieber piece. (The Sieber link works just fine.)

Still recovering from Philcon . . .

Todd Mason said...

Thanks, Paul (I'm guessing!)

Unknown said...

You're guessing right, Todd. Google is screwing me over, and I've decided that this time I'm not going to spend hours struggling to sign back into my account with them . . .

Todd Mason said...

Yikes. I hope this isn't complicating your own blogging.

Unknown said...

No problems with WordPress. It's just commenting on blogspot/blogger that's now a bit of a fiddle, while I've lost my gmail account -- no great loss, to be honest, because the only things I really used it for were checking follow-ups to blogspot/blogger comments!

Todd Mason said...

Well, do consider commenting with Name/URL, so that your blog can be reached by those intrigued by your comments (sorry I let it slip my mind that yours was on WordPress).