Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Tuesday's Overlooked Films and/or Other A/V: the links

Not of This Earth
Below, the links to this week's reviews and citations.... As always, please let me know in comments when I've missed yours or someone else's...and, as always, thanks to all our contributors and to you readers...a few more might be added over the course of the day.

Anne Billson: Imagine Film Festival

Bill Crider: Love and Death [trailer]

Brian Arnold: 52 Pick-Up; Captain America (the serial)

B. V. Lawson: Media Murder

Dan Stumpf: Bend of the River
The Man from Laramie

David Vineyard: Young Detective Dee: Rise of the Sea Dragon (aka Di renjie: Shen du long wang)

Ed Gorman: The Man from Laramie

Elizabeth Foxwell: Trapped

Evan Lewis: Danger Island (a Mr. Moto film)

George Kelley: The Best of Bogart (anthology of chestnuts)
Color of Night

How Did This Get Made?: Color of Night

Ivan G. Shreve, Jr.: Babes in Toyland; Our Gang Follies of 1938

Jack Seabrook: Alfred Hitchcock Presents: "Cop for a Day" (by Henry Slesar)

Jackie Kashian: with Michael Dorsher at the First Hong Kong Podcast Festival

James Reasoner: Fired Up!

Jacqueline T. Lynch: Ann Blyth and her faith

Jerry House: Not of This Earth (1957 film)

John Charles: Ed Gein (aka In the Light of the Moon)

John Grant: The White Trap; Tiger Bay (1959 film)

Jonathan Lewis: Inner Sanctum (the 1948 film); Storm Warning

Kliph Nesteroff: Rusty Warren

Laura: The Big Gusher; The Border Patrolman

Lucy Brown: The Captive Heart; I Confess

Marty McKee: The Carpenter

Mike Tooney: The Vanishing of  Patò  (aka La scomparsa di Patò)

Mystery Dave: The Fat Spy

Patti Abbott: adaptations of "The 5:48" by John Cheever: Alfred Hitchcock Presents: (1960) and Great Performances: Three Cheever Stories (1979)

Prashant Trikannad: Love Story

Backlash
Randy Johnson: The Hitch-Hiker (1953 film); Blood for a Silver Dollar (aka Un dollaro bucato)

Rick: British Classic Television, A-Z

Rod Lott: Two Men in Manhattan; Brain Donors

Ron Scheer: Rage at Dawn; Backlash

Sergio Angelini: Conduct Unbecoming

Stacia Jones: I Live My Life; Tasting Menu 

Stephen Bowie: The Restless Gun

Yvette Banek: Above Suspicion

9 comments:

Jerry House said...

Wow! It's been a long time since I have thought of Rusty Warren. Her albums were some of my favorites back in my more innocent days.

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

Hi Todd, I have a short entry today, LOVE STORY, 1970. Many thanks...

Todd Mason said...

Jerry, it was pretty easy to be shockingly ribald in the era of her career, but sometimes she did a very clever job of it indeed.

Thanks, Prashant! Sorry I missed it on first pass...groggy morning.

Yvette said...

I'm running very late today, Todd. I might not make it, but I'll try. Thanks for your patience.

Yvette said...

Okay, Todd. I've finally gotten my post for the day posted. Yippee! Again I commend you for your patience. :)

Todd Mason said...

Not at all, Yvette...there is very little urgency about this exercise, and I'm later than anyone some weeks...thanks!

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

No problem, Todd. I haven't been regular these past few weeks.

Sergio (Tipping My Fedora) said...

Thanks Todd - as great a mixture as one could wish for!

Sam Juliano said...

John Grant is the guy!!!!!

All great writers and good stuff of course.