Monday, December 20, 2010

Birthday gang

Let's see...Kate Laity, Richard Chizmar, and Barbara Roden, as well as Alice Chang, all have birthdays around now...and all are within shouting distance of my own age, and I'd say all have contributed more to human joy than I have, at very least in some broad-spectrum ways. And Kate and Alice, coming soon on CBS, are facing round-number bdays...while Richard and Barbara bracket me neatly. (And Patti Abbott nee Nase is the perennial New Year's Baby...)

So, huzzah! Happy days, in the recent past and the near future...and onward!

3 comments:

C. Margery Kempe said...

Aw, you're sweet and I was too busy gallivanting to catch up on it. Thank you, it means a lot. I get touchy about my birthday and will stab anyone who gives me a gift wrapped in Xmas paper (okay, maybe I won't, but I'll think it). And this year was a potential whine fest of self-pity, but I ended up only have five minutes of self-pity and then on to having fun with my terrific friends. Wish you could have been there. You'd have had a great time arguing ;-)

Todd Mason said...

And mocking anyone who could, unlike myself, enjoy spirited libation. I'm a party in a can!

Artificially sweetened, too ("but stevia and sugar alcohols aid in regularity!"). But you're kind to say so.

I try to wrap all my gifts in Flag Day paper. Joe Biden once tried to have a Constitutional Amendment against me.

C. Margery Kempe said...

And there was imbibing a-plenty as they had an additional bonus of a whisky tasting going on in the bar, so they brought us a tray.

But there were other non-imbibers there, so you would not have been the cheese.