Tuesday, July 24, 2012

new content: Tuesday's Overlooked Films And/Or Other A/V: the links


As is often the case, a few of today's probable contributions haven't been posted yet, and will be added over the course of the day, as they appear...thanks to all the contributors, and to you readers of these reviews and citations at the links below. And, as always, if I've missed your or someone else's review, please let me know in comments. Thanks again!

Bill Crider: Panic in the Year Zero (trailer)

Brian Arnold: Cruel Jaws

Chuck Esola: King of the Ants

Dan Stumpf: Dead Reckoning (1947)

Ed Gorman: Brett Yates: W. R. Burnett and the Crime Writers of Hollywood

Elizabeth Foxwell: Man in the Attic

Evan Lewis: The Bold Caballero, a Zorro film

George Kelley: Too Big to Fail

Iba Dawson: The Jesse Owens Story (1984)

Ivan G. Shreve, Jr.: The Jack Benny Program: The Lost Episodes, Harry O, and other DVD news

Jeff Flugel: Jonny Quest

James Reasoner: Big Bad Mama

Jerry House: The Mad Monster

John Charles: Newspaper ads for exploitation films: The Tuesday Ten

Juri Nummelin: Maniac (1980)

Kate Laity: The Old Peculier Crime Writing Festival [sic]

Marty McKee: Madmen of Mandoras; They Saved Hitler's Brain

Michael Shonk: Harry O (first season, continued)

Mike Toomey: Maigret: "Maigret et l’affaire Saint-Fiacre" (aka "Maigret Goes Home")

Patti Abbott: That Cold Day in the Park

Prashant Trikannad: "Roundup on Sherman's Ranch"

Randy Johnson: The Mummy (1958); The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb

Rod Lott: Eurocrime! The Italian Cop and Gangster Films That Ruled the ’70s

Ron Scheer: Escape from Fort Bravo


Scott Cupp: Millennium Actress


Sergio Angelini: Curse of the Twisted Candle

Stacia Jones: The Phantom Creeps

Steve Lewis: Chasing Danger (1939)

Yvette Banek: My 50 Favorite Mystery and/or Thriller Films

"Zybahn": Night Gallery: Season Two, Episode Two

5 comments:

Yvette said...

Thanks for including my list, Todd. I was going to request it but I see you read my mind. :)

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

Todd, thanks very much for including my unconventional piece on stereoscopes in Overlooked Films this week. I have, rather belatedly, attributed it to "Sweet Freedom."

Todd Mason said...

Thank you, folks...I'm still lagging in my own items here, having seen some Not Bad but not quite compelling work of late...A TEXAS FUNERAL, for example...and still letting more pressing business take precedence. And thanks for the linking! Prashant, when I (sort of re-)started this meme, I included ViewMaster sets in the first remit...

Jeff Flugel said...

Thanks a bunch for linking to my posts the past two weeks, Todd! Much appreciated!

Todd Mason said...

Not at all, Jeff...you're doing interesting things.