Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tuesday's Overlooked Films And/Or Other A/V: the links


As frequently, the links to the reviews and citations of a/v material below will probably be added to during the course of the day...please let me know if I've missed yours or anyone else's in comments. Thanks to all contributors, and all you readers of these reviews!

Bill Crider: The Incredible Two-Headed Transplant

Brian Arnold: Once Around

Chuck Esola: The Eyes of Annie Jones

Ed Gorman: Peter Bogdonavich on The Woman in the Window & While the City Sleeps

Evan Lewis: Hopalong Cassidy Returns

Iba Dawson: Raffles (1939)

Ivan G. Shreve, Jr.: Andy Griffith (1926-2012); August on TCM

James Reasoner: China Seas

Jerry House: RIP Ernest Borgnine: The Lone Wolf: "Avalanche"

John Charles: The Shaolin Invincibles; The Super Ninja

Michael Shonk: Harry O

Mike Tooney: NUMB3RS: "Jacked"; "Con Job"

Patti Abbott: Mr. Novak

Prashant Trikannad: Hitman (2007); Becker

Randy Johnson: The Last of the Mohicans (1920)

Rod Lott: Extreme Prejudice

Ron Scheer: Duel at Diablo

Scott Cupp: Evolution

Sergio Angelini: Edgar Wallace Mysteries (1960–65 cinematic releases)

Stacia Jones: TCM special memorial nights for Andy Griffith and Ernest Borgnine

Steve Lewis: The Case of the Bloody Iris; It Happened in Flatbush

Walter Albert: Julie (1956)

Yvette Banek: Above Suspicion (1943)

3 comments:

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

Todd, thanks very much for including HITMAN though I had the sitcom BECKER in mind for this week. It's now up on my blog. My apologies for the delay. Please do feel free to remove the first. I have been having teething problems with my new modem-router, thankfully the internet is working satisfactorily.

Todd Mason said...

Oh, I like both HITMAN and BECKER as citations from you, Prashant. Certainly HITMAN is closer to overlooked in the US.

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

Todd, thanks for retaining HITMAN. I don't remember the film in theatres here though it has been shown often on cable TV. I didn't know the film has been "overlooked" in the US. It definitely didn't create ripples here. I thought HITMAN might not fit the bill since most visitors to my blog are Westerners who might have seen the film or were at least familiar with it. What might be overlooked at my end might not necessarily be overlooked at yours which shouldn't be an issue for me as I write keeping the Western reader in mind.